Pages

April 9, 2013

Bed of Roses


I keep seeing these roses around but I always figured that it was way too advanced for me.  I don't really have any artistic talent ... never have.  So believe me when I say that if I can do this, so can you.  All you need is one of those dotting tools.  Don't have one?  You can you the head of a pin if you have one of those lying around (not the tip, it's too small, but the round head part).  And you need a few colours of polish.  Here's what I used

Base -OPI Black Onyx
For the flowers - Sally Hansen Insta-Dry in Lively Lilac and OPI Alpine Snow
Leaves - China Glaze Tree Hugger
Accent Finger - Hard Candy Pixie Pink

If you live in Canada, Hard Candy is now selling a HUGE line of sparkle polishes.  They're awesome, and about $4 a pop at Walmart.  I bought a bunch of them and I still want more ... clearly I have a problem :-)





Here's what I used .. my polishes, my dotting tool and a piece of paper.

Step 1: Apply two dots of one of your flower polishes (okay, I guess this is step 2, the first step is really to put on about 2 coats of the colour you want as your background and make sure it's really dry before you put on the roses)



Step 2: Apply two dots of your other flower polish in between those two dots


Step 3: Use your dotting tool to swirl the colours around in a circle motion (only swirl in one direction) - sorry I had to switch nails for the picture, that insta-dry really does dry fast, it was almost dry in the time it took me to take a picture of it!!)


Step 4: Use the dotting tool and your green nail polish to swipe on little leaves


Step 5: Wait for them to dry and then apply your favourite top coat (I used Seche Vite)



You can glam it up even more with super sparkles like OPI's Rainbow Connection
Or you can make it light and pretty by putting it over a jelly colour like OPI's You Callin' me a Lyre

Enjoy!  And Happy Polishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover